My 2nd quilt ever
I think I'm a fabric hoarder. My stash is now overflowing out of my sewing cabinet and fills three plastic bins in the basement.
Why don't I just get to work and make some stuff?? I WANT to... but... I like some of the fabrics so much (like Alexander Henry's Folklorico collection) I don't want to cut them up. But mostly, I don't have the time or space right now to set up a big sewing project.
In four years, #3 will be in all-day kindergarten and the puppy should have grown out of her devil phase (she had better be, before she eats our entire house and yard...); and THEN I have big crafty plans.
In the meantime, I have been feverishly working my way through Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilts books, like how I marathon-watched Mad Men and Downton Abbey on Netflix. And I'm making a list of stuff I want to make and do:
- A modern quilt
- Seat-back organizers for the car
- Dresses and skirts for me and the girls
- Curtains for our abnormally tall patio door
- A faux stained glass panel for above that abnormally tall patio door
- Paper/fabric hybrid crafts
- Woodworking something or other
- Take lots of naps
- Get a haircut